If you are looking for a counsellor in Wellington, there are many options. As someone who looked for a family therapist some years ago, I can say that the task can seem daunting – especially when you are in distress. What are some of the things to consider? While I wouldn’t suggest the following list as authoritative in your search for a Wellington counsellor, it might help to stimulate some questions you want to ask possible therapists:
- What sort(s) of therapy do you practice?
- How long are your counselling sessions?
- Do you see individuals, families and groups?
- What is your hourly rate?
- How long have you been counselling others?
- What are your qualifications?
- What is your availability for distress outside of scheduled counselling sessions?
- What notice do you require if I need to cancel my counselling session?
- Do you have online and/or telephone counselling available?
- How can I pay for my counselling sessions?
This list is not exhaustive and not everything will apply to you, but it might be a helpful starting place for finding your counsellor in Wellington (or online/phone).
To see our responses to these questions, please see our FAQs.